WII is our home-based video game console released by Nintendo in the year of 2006. It was the 7th generation console released by Nintendo, in that time it completed with XBox 360, and Sony is PlayStation 3. although the console has been discontinued there are a lot of games that are still available in the market. We used to play a lot of games on our WII systems, which we miss today. There are a lot of ways by which we can play the nostalgic WII games on computers, but there was no way to install WII on our smartphones. But not anymore, WII Emulator android by Dolphin, allows you to install all the WII games on your Android Smartphones and Tablets.
Usually, with the console, Nintendo provided a WII remote control system that was used to navigate within the game. WII Emulator android dolphin offers a similar approach where it adds multiple similar controls within the games so that it’ll be easier for you to play.
Let us know more about WII Emulator android, how it works, the basic features and functionality and how you can install it on your Android device without any hassle. Let ‘s get going;
What is WII Emulator android?
Just like several other emulators program that is available on the market, WII Emulator android dolphin allows the users to play WII games on their Android Smartphones and Tablets.
You must have already heard about the PlayStation Emulator that you can install on your Android device to play all the PlayStation 3 and 4 games. Similar is the scenario with WII Emulator android; it enables you to play all the Nintendo Wii games right in the palm of your hand.
The concept of this emulator system was drawn from the original emulator that was made for Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. Dolphin offered WII Emulator android as an open source program when it was launched in early 2018.
For playing the GameCube and Nintendo Wii games dolphin’s solution is the best possible emulator available in the market.
You can’t download the emulator software application via the Google Play Store has it was originally developed by a developer and released on XDA developers website.
Let us know more about some of the basic features that dolphin’s WII Emulator android provides.
Features of WII Emulator Android
- Initially, when the original version WII Emulator Android was released, there were a lot of bugs within the app. controls like the reload keys and some other interface options no not working properly. But sooner with the new updates of WII Emulator android, several other functionalities were added.
- You can save the game process so that you can continue from where you have left.
- The safe state behavior of the game has been improved since the last update.
- Apart from this, there is also multi-disc support; this can be used with the games that require more than one disk to operate.
- Apart from this, a dual source shader blending is also included. Technically it is about the rendering of the gaming Graphics for WII and GameCube’s games. Initially, the graphics of the games played via WII Emulator android were broken, that has been rectified with the latest updates.
- To install the WII Emulator Android on your Android device, you need at least 4 to 6 GB of internal memory.
- Apart from this the latest version WII Emulator android is only compatible with Android versions running on Android 5.0 and above.
- To handle the intense graphics games, the processor should be at least 64 Bit and at least have OpenGL ES 3.0.
- You can always look for such technical information on Android device ’s specification sheets.
- It has been already mentioned that when the Wii Emulator android app was released initially, the graphics were not that great and only gave one frame per second speed. This issue has been rectified, and tremendous effort was put forward by the developers at the dolphin.
- As the app is under the open source program, WII Emulator Android available for free from the XDA Developer forum.
So far so good, here is how you can download and install WII Emulator Android on Android devices.
Download and install WII Emulator Android
As it has been already told that WII Emulator android is not available on the Google Play Store officially. Therefore you may need to download it why are some other source.
The installation process can be achieved by the side loading the apk file on your Android device.
- First of all download the WII Emulator android apk file from XDA Developer forum.
- As dolphin released their open source program on the XDA Developer forum, it is the safest source to download the Wii Emulator android app.
- Once you found out the WII Emulator, android download link from the XDA developers put the file for downloading in the background.
- In the meantime head over to the settings application of your Android device.
- We will now enable the device so that side loading of the APK file can be done.
- Within the settings, app scrolls a little bit down and look for security and apps section.
- Into the security and apps section and put a check ‘Unknown Sources’ button.
- This will temporarily allow the installer WII Emulator android apk file on your Android device.
- Now the apk file must have been downloaded and save into the downloads directory.
- To install the APK file, navigate to the download directory using the built-in file manager application. ( you can use Solid Explorer if your device doesn’t have any file manager)
- Tap on the WII Emulator Android APK file and make sure that all the permissions are granted during the installation process.
Once the installation is completed the WII Emulator, the android app will be visible in the app drawer.
You can open the app via the app launcher. But before that, you need to download a WII compatible game.
Also, Read– Download PS3 Emulator For PC & Android Devices
How to use WII Emulator Android
To make sure that each and everything works just fine, after the installation of WII Emulator android, do not open the app right away.
- Before doing that, download WII compatible game by performing a Google search.
- Search for your favorite game and download the file associated with it.
- Once the file has downloaded a copy the downloaded file to the WII folders that are located on your Android device internal memory.
- Now open the WII Emulator Android and tap on the load game button, and choose the game you have just copied in the internal memory.
- The game will take some time, and it’ll start within a few seconds.
- You can now use the extensive controls that are provided by the WII Emulator android to play your favorite games without any hassle.
WII Emulator Android for PC
- As such there are a lot of different WII game emulators available for PC and Mac devices. WII Emulator android although is made only for Android ecosystem.
- If you still want to try WII Emulator android on your PC, you can do so by installing BlueStacks player.
- We have not tried this with the BlueStacks player yet. As the BlueStacks player still runs on older version of Android, you may get some error while playing the games via WII Emulator android.
Some common problems with WII Emulator Android
There are, at times when the Wii Emulator for android refuses to play any games.
- To fix such issues;
- Make sure to ensure that you have chosen the right game file.
- Also check for any updates that are available for WII Emulator android, in the XDA developers page section.
- Dolphin releases regular updates for this program, which contains a lot of bug fixes be sure to update the app immediately.
Some controls don’t work to fix this;
- Ensure that you have chosen the correct configuration profile from WII Emulator android.
- You can set up the configuration profile before playing the game.
- If you want, you can also make use of an external controller, but for that, you may need to install some additional drivers on your Android device.
- The additional external controller can be connected to your Android device via the OTG cable.
Final Words about WII Emulator Android
WII Emulator Android enables the users to play almost all the GameCube and Nintendo Wii games. There is no additional charge for using the app or for playing the games. This app helps us to revisit our nostalgic childhood days.
There are a few things that you may need to take into consideration;
The unknown sources option must be disabled after you have installed the WII Emulator android, to prevent your device from an unknown and unwanted attack.
Apart from this, there are still a lot of bugs within the WII Emulator android, that may irritate you while playing your favorite game. Be sure to join the XDA Developer group and leave a message to the Dolphin developers. They are listening, and they will improve the app with their next latest update.
So, which one is the best feature of this app that you like the most? Just, add a comment on below and share your favorite games that you want to play with this WII Emulator Android, on your Android device.